So I started my first official day at school today! We had meetings in the morning, ranging from a meeting with the Superintendant to a meeting with our Union representatives. It was overall really good. We then finished at 10, after we got our class lists and such!I then went over and started to decorate my classrooms! It's definitely getting a lot better! I got these colorful wall decals to decorate, and color up the room! That took me most of the day, actually. Afterwards I went and spoke with my mentor. Here in Jersey, every first-year teacher is required to have a mentor (who I pay out of my paycheck) to help you out. My mentor is fantastic. I love her!! It's great because she uses Google. And anyone who knows me knows how much I LOVE Google. It's my best friend.
Although I didn't have any students today, I got a lot taken out of me lol. I'm really excited to start teaching though. My nerves are slowly fading away. But I am sure tomorrow night I will be a wreck!! Also, I think I'm mostly tired because I'm trying to wear heels all day - and that is taking a lot of work haha! It's so hard! But I will try to soldier on lol.
I'm off to print off a copy of a syllabus and to decide what icebreaker I want to use with the Freshman tomorrow. It's Frosh orientation tomorrow, so I won't have all my students. Thursday is legit the big day.
Well, singing off! <3
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment