Wednesday, September 2, 2009

More progress!

So quick update on today! I finally gave my kids in 7th grade a syllabus! And they were able to see what the procedures are and the rules and consequences and we implemented raffle tickets into the opportunity jar for good behavior! Worked like a charm. They were so much better! They were actually sitting in their seats and listening and participating..all for a blue raffle ticket. It was great! But I did have to call some kids out to the hallway to have a little chat. i had to do that with this one kid. He is like this "cool" kid and is very talkative and such and so today he called someone a not-so-nice name and so I heard him and I told him to come outside with me. And it is so funny how serious they get all of a sudden. i swear it looked like he was about to tear. and so we talked for a little about how inappropriate that was and I was SUPER serious and he knew it. He looked so sad. it was great! So he went back to the classroom and behaved and it was also great because he wasnt like angry or anything he still maintained a positive attitude after I yelled at him and we joked a little about raffle tickets so it was good. I like to have the balance of being nice to the kids but having them also know that I mean business.

My second 7th grade class is a bit difference. My special kid kids are so hyper. They were still calling out and getting out of their seats, although it was a bit better. and today we stayed in inclusion and not in my classroom and they were not too happy about that> but I think i am creating a good bond with them! they like to be in my classroom and so thats good. Hoepfully it will only get better and better!

No comments:

Post a Comment