Monday, October 26, 2009

But what should I scream for, this is my theme park!


So. Let's just say. I love teaching. Like a lot. and I love my students! Like too much, I feel like they are my own kids lmao. I want them all to succeed, go to college, and not to do drugs. And since I have mostly Freshman, I totally see myself following them throughout HS making sure they stay on track haha.

          So, I have a gi-normous amount of responsibility. I mean on the one hand, it's unbelievable how much responsibility that have put on me, as a first year teacher. I mean first off, as I've mentioned, I have about 35 classified students. The other new Spanish teacher next to me has two. TWO. And classified kids come with a lot of extra paperwork btw. Also... let's take example A. My school made the teachers create Emergency Swine Flu plans in case the school has to close bc of H1N1. The Jersey Board of Ed has stated that if the schools close for a week, we won't have to make up the extra days at the end of the year if we can provide three-days worth of substantial lesson plans for the kids. So, I get the e-mail from my supervisor and everyone has to come up with emergency lesson plans for one specific level of a language. So example:

          Conversational Spanish : Maggie
          Spanish 1 - James and Maggie
          Spanish 2 - Karen and Kathy
          Spanish 3 - Maria and Kyle
          Spanish 4- Michael and Susan
          Spanish 5- Tara
          Italian 1- Heather and Josh
          etc, etc.

As you can see everyone has ONE emergency lesson plan to make - and most people have someone to make it with. I have two. And it's my first year. I barely have regular lesson planning down. So whatevs, okay at least I have help for one... right? Nope. James got back to me too late lol. So, in order to get them in by the deadline I had to make both. Now it wasn't ridiculously hard by any means. But, I mean again... why give the new, unexperienced teacher the most work? I don't know. But, by the same token.... If I can do this year. I can do anything!!

So bring it on baby. I still love the job, and I am still having the best time ever. Yes, I need to organize my life a little more. And this whole messy desk thing is KILLING me. But it will come. I will get through it. Right?? Right.

PS. the best thing ever?? Happy hours with the co-workers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment